Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ride em Cowboy!


Here is my first card and challenge of 2010!  One of my New Year resolutions is to stamp at least once a week and  to use all my never before used stamps (be it old or new) at least once.  I participated in a Cards for Troops/Operation Write Home project and one of the challenges was to make western themed cards. *Gasp*  I didn't own a single western stamp and I live in Oklahoma!  Guess I'm still just a California girl at heart!  I haven't been able to get my hands on the extremly rare Stampin' Up set, Wild Wild West or Dream Catcher, I got Bronc Buster.  Not actually needing a specific card at the time, I turned to Splitcoast for inspiration.  I combined both sketch challenge SC261 and color challenge CC251 with the desert option of a charm, as well as my own personal challenge and came up with this manly wetern card. I made one card with the heavy thick charm and one without that would be suitable for mailing. Thanks so much for stopping by to look. 

I'd love to hear your stamping or scrapping related resolutions!

(All Stampin' Up except charm from a stash  and Spellbinders Nestibilities)
Stamp: Bronc Buster
Ink: Basic Gray
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Really Rust, Barely Banana, Confetti white & Outlaw DSP
Accessories: brads, help twine and Nesties Circle & Label

Have a root-n-tooin day!

No comments: